Debit Card Security
What is MyCardRules?
MyCardRules is a service provided to Northwest Bank customers to protect against debit card identity theft. By downloading the MyCardRules mobile app from Google Play™ or the App Store®, you can:
- Turn your card on or off
- Set transaction spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction type, and merchant type
- Get instant alerts on certain types of transactions, like when a transaction is declined
- Set a specific region where the card can be used or restrict usage based on your mobile device's location
- Set parental controls and monitoring
- View recent transactions and more
If your card is lost or stolen
Call 1-888-297-3416 and notify them at once. Then notify Northwest Bank by calling 815-987-4550. We will begin monitoring your account and alert you to any suspicious activity. We take your privacy very seriously at Northwest Bank, and partner with industry leaders to make sure your financial information is protected.
MasterCard Secure Code
Some websites require a MasterCard Secure Code when a customer is using their debit card to order online. This is an added security option that allows you to create a separate PIN number for your debit card, and it is recommended that the PIN number you create is different than the three-digit code at the end of the numbers on the back of your debit card. To enroll and create your own Secure Code, please follow this link.