Debit Card Security
What is SHAZAM BOLT$?
SHAZAM BOLT$ is a service provided to Northwest Bank customers to protect against debit card identity theft. By downloading the SHAZAM BOLT$ mobile app, you can:
- View a primary debit card account’s balance information
- Acquire various transaction alerts
- Obtain suspicious transaction alerts*
- Temporarily block future debit card transactions*
- Forward funds to a SHAZAM BOLT$ user’s debit card*
- Acquire funds from an eligible SHAZAM BOLT$ user’s debit card*
*An asterisk indicates features are not available for all users
If your card is lost or stolen
Call SHAZAM at 1-800-383-8000 and notify them at once. Then notify Northwest Bank by calling 815-987-4550. We will begin monitoring your account and alert you to any suspicious activity.
We take your privacy very seriously at Northwest Bank, and partner with industry leaders to make sure your financial information is protected. We partner with SHAZAM BOLT$ to offer fast access and alerts for your card on the go. SHAZAM BOLT$ features include:
- Fraud Protection: Receive instant notifications any time potentially fraudulent activity is detected on your card.
- ATM Locator: Find a SHAZAM surcharge-free ATM near you thanks to GPS technology that can find an ATM whether you’re at home or traveling.
Enroll in SHAZAM BOLT$
To enroll, click on this link and register for SHAZAM BOLT$ today!
MasterCard Secure Code
Some websites require a MasterCard Secure Code when a customer is using their debit card to order online. This is an added security option that allows you to create a separate PIN number for your debit card, and it is recommended that the PIN number you create is different than the three-digit code at the end of the numbers on the back of your debit card. To enroll and create your own Secure Code, please follow this link.