Free Checking and Rewards Checking Accounts
At Northwest Bank , we’re all about offering you options to let you handle your money the way you want. That’s why we offer three different checking account options, each with its own set of unique benefits.
Checking Account Options
- Freedom Checking: A great option for those looking to avoid fees, this account is just $100 to open and has no minimum balance requirements. Qualified applicants receive a free debit card, as well as free images, free online and mobile banking and unlimited transactions and check writing.
- My Rewards Checking: You’ll be able to earn interest on your balance with no minimum balance requirements. This account has no fees, is $100 to open and offers ATM refunds of up to $4.99 per transaction and up to $20 per monthly cycle on domestic ATM fees when qualifications are met. Qualifications include:
- You must have at least 10 debit card point-of-sale transactions per qualification cycle post and clear (excluding ATM transactions).
- You must have at least one ACH Auto Debit or Direct Deposit post and clear to your checking account per qualification cycle (Intra-bank transfers do not count as a qualifying direct deposit or automatic payment).
- Enroll in e-Statements
The annual percentage yield (APY) is accurate as of 2/25/2016. Balances up to $15,000 receive an APY of 1.51% and balances over $15,000 earn 0.15% interest rate on portion of balance over $15,000, resulting in 1.51% - 0.15% APY depending upon the balance. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Rates may change after the account is open. Fees may reduce earnings. ATM refunds are credited to the account on the last day of the monthly statement cycle if qualifications are met. ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to and settle an account. Available to personal accounts only. Limit of two MyRewards Checking accounts per household. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle.
- Pinnacle Plus Club Checking: If you have more than $10,000 in total deposits at Northwest Bank, you’re eligible to open a Pinnacle Plus Club checking account. This account is $100 to open, offers the opportunity to earn interest and gives you the benefits of the Pinnacle Plus Club.
Learn More About Our Checking Account Options
The Team at Northwest Bank is ready to help you find the right checking account to suit your unique needs. Stop by one of our offices to learn more or to open an account.