Free Checking and Rewards Checking Accounts
At Northwest Bank , we’re all about offering you options to let you handle your money the way you want. That’s why we offer three different checking account options, each with its own set of unique benefits.
Checking Account Options
- Freedom Checking: This account is just $25 to open and has no minimum balance requirements. Qualified applicants receive a free debit card, as well as free images, free online and mobile banking and unlimited transactions and check writing. A $3.00 monthly paper statement fee will be charged when not signing up for eStatements.
- My Rewards Checking: You’ll be able to earn interest on your balance with no minimum balance requirements. $100 to open the account and offers ATM refunds of up to $4.99 per transaction and up to $20 per monthly cycle on domestic ATM fees when qualification are met. A $3.00 monthly paper statement fee will be charged when not signing up for eStatements. Qualifications include:
- You must have at least 10 debit card point-of-sale transactions per qualification cycle post and clear (excluding ATM transactions).
- You must have at least one ACH Auto Debit or Direct Deposit post and clear to your checking account per qualification cycle (Intra-bank transfers do not count as a qualifying direct deposit or automatic payment).
- Enroll in e-Statements
The annual percentage yield (APY) is accurate as of 4/14/2023. Balances up to $15,000 receive an APY of 0.50% and balances over $15,000 earn 0.15% interest rate on portion of balance over $15,000, resulting in 0.50% - 0.15% APY depending upon the balance. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Rates may change after the account is open. Fees may reduce earnings. ATM refunds are credited to the account on the last day of the monthly statement cycle if qualifications are met. ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement of an individual ATM fee of $5.00 or higher. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to and settle an account. Available to personal accounts only. Limit of two MyRewards Checking accounts per household. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. The qualification cycle runs from the 15th of each month through the 14th of the following month. If the 15th falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal Holiday, that qualification cycle begins on the last business day prior to the 15th. If the 14th falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday, that qualification cycle ends on the last business day prior to the 14th. Transactions may take one or more business day to post and clear to your account from the date your transaction is made. Only direct deposit, ACH auto debits, and debit card purchases that are posted and cleared transactions during the qualification cycle will be considered for the monthly required activity. Transactions authorized after a given month's qualification cycle will be included in the following month's qualifying transaction totals. The statement cycle runs from the 15th of each month to the 15th of the next month. If the 15th falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday, the statement cycle would begin on the last business day prior to the 15th. If the 15th falls on Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday the statement cycle would end on the last business day prior to the 15th. A business day is Monday through Friday excluding Federal holidays.
- Pinnacle Plus Club Checking: If you have more than $10,000 in total deposits at Northwest Bank, you’re eligible to open a Pinnacle Plus Club checking account. This account is $25 to open, offers the opportunity to earn interest and gives you the benefits of the Pinnacle Plus Club. A $3.00 monthly paper statement fee will be charged when not signing up for eStatements.
Learn More About Our Checking Account Options
The Team at Northwest Bank is ready to help you find the right checking account to suit your unique needs. Stop by one of our offices to learn more or to open an account.